Design Studio Portfolio – Chalet Collection Pillows

In my last blog post I shared design inspiration and storyboards for my Chalet Collection knit pillow project. (see them here) After a year in the works the pillows have come to life! They were a resounding success at their debut at the Chandler 4 Corners showroom at the AmericasMart Gift, Rug, and Home Shows in Atlanta last week.

The pillows are knit of the softest wool (like your favorite old ski sweater but not itchy) and backed with cotton velveteen. Some are also hand-embroidered. The pillow inserts are filled with down. A Norwegian style pewter button is sewn to each corner for a distinctive touch. (Do you think the button adds to or detracts from the overall effect?)

Evoking winter’s romance with their traditional alpine motifs, the pillows will start being shipped in November – just in time for the first snowfall! For information about ordering pillows contact Chandler 4 Corners. Or stop by the Chandler 4 Corners booth at the New York International Gift Show next month.

There are twenty-one Chalet Collection pillows. These are some of my faves. Which do you like?

To see more of my portfolio click here. To connect with Poppy Gall Design Studio on facebook click here.

Tags: , , , ,

8 comments on “Design Studio Portfolio – Chalet Collection Pillows

1. Helen’s avatarHelen on said:

All of them please! I’m not surprised they’ve been so popular.
    Definitely no button tho. It’s the sort of thing that when you lay down on a cushion, it catches your hair or is something cold & hard against your face or sticks in your back. I feel the same effect could have been achieved with a soft fabric tab or subtle logo incorporated in the corner instead. It’s the same reason I don’t buy cushion covers or pillowslips with button closures.

2. Ellie’s avatarEllie on said:

These are wonderful and look like “Poppy” designs. For the pewter button… yes, I like it there because once people know the brand and that these designs and fabric compositions are always the best, they can look for the button and know immediately that they have the right (and best) brand. I don’t know in the construction of the pillow if the button can be moved just a bit closer to the corner of the pillow, equidistant on 3 sides from the pillow border, but it might sit a little more comfortably. My own opinion, of course…

3. The button is fantastic, such a special detail. My favorites are those with allover patterns. They look so nice individually but a collection would be so fun!

4. I like them all and they look so comfy! The reindeer pillow is my favorite – reminds me of that same classic sweater that my Mom knit my Dad – same one that was in your storyboard for these pillows. 2nd favorite is the ski pillow. Jury is out on the button – but I like it’s authenticity and the way it ties the collection together. 21 patterns, wow, prolific. I need to check them all out.

5. Heidi’s avatarHeidi on said:

Re: the buttons… LOVE them!!! When I first read your description, I had thought there would be a button in EACH corner of the pillow – too much! But then when I looked at the picture, my heart melted. They remind me of the little button in the ear of Steiff stuffed bears – just a little sumpthin’ to brand your style! Again – LOVE them!

6. Karen’s avatarKaren on said:

At first glance my fave is the fourth one, but i bet the themed ones will be good in specialty markets.

7. S.C.’s avatarS.C. on said:

Delightful, Poppy! The pillows make me smile. I like the button because it’s a distinctive feature for the collection. If I were making pillows for myself (without the need to brand), I would leave the button off.

8. Ramona’s avatarRamona on said:

Wonderful interpretation of vintage knit designs! One of each please! Black and white pillow is my favorite. Forget the button.